Litterbox News

Friday, April 21, 2006

Friday Studio

Wow that went better then I thought. He actually liked my structure. Gyp board-metal stud w/ insulation-air space-structural concrete-metal stud w/insulation-gyp board. This gives me my shear walls and may be used as load barring. Columns should be 10-15' apart due to the concrete floor decking. The exterior is moment frames of 12X12 min up to 12X18 posts. This will allow me to have any type of window systems. The garden side will have full glazing with large open doors that fully open to bring the garden to you. The pet has their own door so they can come and go into the garden when they like or when you allow them that freedom. Its actually starting to come along. I need to remember to show David (my engineering boss) that structural product I found to make sure I can use it. It even takes care of my sound issues between units. The litterbox is slowly coming together. Maybe everyone will see it and want to live there.

Final presentation is the 14th, my litterbox is due on the 12th and then I walk on the 17th. Hopefully everyone can come. I'm happy my sister-in-law is such a great mom that she is going to stay and take care of our string bean so that other people can come. I'm going to give her a special presentation when I get back home. Thank you Meri!!!

now for dinner...

4 Comments:

At 11:38 AM, Blogger Auntie X said...

Yay! It sounds good. I'm sure Mick and Molly would love to live there. Once we get a lawn planted (probably this fall so it'll be green next summer) I'm thinking I'll get a cat fence so that they can play outside without their leashes, which they don't like very much. But as you know there's a lot more stuff that needs to get done before then!

I was listening to Science Friday on NPR the yesterday and they were talking about earthquakes and retrofitting buildings in San Francisco, because they estimate that in the next big earthquake half of the fatalities will come from improperly designed buildings that only make up about 5% of the cities structures. I thought that was interesting. And I guess one of the Stadiums is built directly on a fault line, that the builders and architects even knew about and didn't bother to address!

 
At 5:20 PM, Blogger Cat said...

They hopefully will not climb or jump over the fence. Where can you get them? I'm trying to figure out a way to make fences around the yards cat proof because I don't want cats run around the entire complex. What makes them cat proof?

hmm... sounds like california for you.

 
At 9:00 PM, Blogger Auntie X said...

Well I've seen a few different types. One is actually deer fencing, but because it's stretchy the cats can't climb it, another one is regular fencing but you add some stretchy webbing to the top at an inward angle so that if the cat tries to climb it they lose their balance and fall.
Cat FenCE-in, DIY Cat Fence, purr...fect Fence, Affordable Cat Fence

 
At 1:35 PM, Blogger Meri (aka Ama) said...

Thanks so much for the lovely words you spoke of me. I think it's only fair that your brother go and see you graduate. Besides, he can take the video camera and maybe he can film the graduation! I look forward to my exclusive presentation!

I am so proud of you and Nate and all you have accomplished! Can't wait to get you two home :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home